Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thirty days of thanks: Day 7

I'm thankful for the internet.

Scoff if you will, but the interwebs is truly a wonderful thing, I mean, after all, you wouldn't be able to read this, if not for the web, yes?

I also truly am thankful for the internet during the holiday season because I can avoid the mall and shop from my home. I loathe the mall.

Without the internet I would not have been able to enter the ABNA contest therefore would not have met all the wonderful writer I've become and stayed friends with the last five to six years.

There would never have been Facebook where I reconnected with friends from high school and junior high that I now see from time to time.

I can also stalk people without them knowing...check out their pictures, posts, try to find out where they live. Just kidding, but seriously, it's so easy to share photos and information with friends and family. No calling, no snail mail. I know some people think this detaches us from one another, but I still talk to people (sometimes, when I want and when they don't annoy the hell out of me), the internet just makes things more efficient.

So there you have it.  Without the internet I would be an inefficient, lonely recluse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews