Monday, April 22, 2013

Monkey Madness Monday: And the winner is...me!

 That may be a little over dramatic, but it's kind of how I feel after watching with pride as all my writing friend's amazing novels have been nominated for all sorts of literary awards, and finally, I get my first nomination.

Never Eighteen has been nominated for a Charlotte. The New York City Reading Association's Charlotte Award is named for the title character in Charlotte's Web. The purpose is to encourage students to read outstanding literature and become lifelong readers and also recognize authors and illustrators of such literature. 

They just called Never Eighteen outstanding literature.  *giggles like little girl*

I'm excited about the nomination, but you know, the competition is stiff, so um, I'm excited about the nomination. hahaha. This is who I'm up against:

Mike Mullin, Ashfall
Gail Jarrow, The Amazing Harry Kellar
 Marissa Meyer, Cinder
Susan Vaught, Freaks Like Us
Jim Murphy, The Giant and How He Humbugged America
Laurence Pringle, The Amazing History of the Ice Business
Ransom Riggs, Miss Peregrin's Home for Peculiar Children
Leslea Newman, October Mourning
Joseph Bruchac, Wolf Mark  

Winners won't be chosen until April of next year, so I have a long time to enjoy my nomination.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews