Monday, September 24, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

Last week, talented and funny author Allison Dixon talked about her work in progress, Strings, as part of a little "blog hop" tour. She then tagged five other authors. Yours truly being one of them, to do the same.

The Rules:

Answer these ten questions about your current WIP (Work In Progress) on your blog

Tag five other writers/bloggers and add their links so we can hop over and meet them.

Okay, I'm going with Helen Landalf, who I met through the Elevensies, my fellow 2k12er,  J. Anderson Coats, my co-prezzie for the Class of 2k12 Caroline Starr Rose, a friend I met a few years ago through the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest Hart Johnson
and, hmmmmm...how about another fellow 2k12er who was just recently release, Kimberly Sabatini. Okay ladies. Bring it.

Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing:

What is the working title of your book?
I wasn't sure which one to talk about because you know, I have about a million manuscripts started, but I decided to go ahead and talk about the Revelations: Book One of The Divinity Chronicles.


Where did the idea come from for the book?
It's a combination of things. I'm actually take the first books I wrote, A superhero series, and morphing them into this dystopian series. So, it's kind of the same story but not. The characters are the same, but the story has become older and darker.

What genre does your book fall under?
Young adult dystopian fantasy.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
This is hard, something I've not really thought of for this book. Hmmm,

Danica: India Eisley

Mary: Jennifer Lawrence

Rachel: Chloe Moretz

Oliver: Garen Boyajian
 

Ian: William Mosely

Hazzard: Kodi Smi-McPhee

The Protector: Jeffrey Dean Morgan

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Oh good lord, I mentioned this was going to be a trilogy, right? Hmmm

After a bloody civil war between Paranormals and humans leaves her country in turmoil, one girl, living toward the bottom of the new caste system, finds she may be the key to bringing the Paranormals to their knees and peace back to her iniquitous nation.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I'd love to have this book published traditionally, but I'm not afraid to go the self published route if necessary.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Work In Progress means Still In Progress. The original manuscript took about 6 months I think. This one will take more I'm sure. It's on the back burner until I finish a revisions of an other book, but I'm definitely getting back to it soon.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Hmmm, not really sure. I've not really seen one like it. There are aspects of it I didn't give away in the summary. Not sure it's comparable, at least not to something I've seen before.
Who or What inspired you to write this book?
Originally it was my girls. I wanted to write a story with them as a couple of the characters. I've kept them in this version. They were friends in the original, I've made them sisters in this one, more to real life. I've changed their personalities to fit who they've become rather than to who they were when I first wrote the book, which was when they were very little. It's going to be very fun to write.
What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
It's kind of a superhero book. There's also a bit of a take on combing church and state, though in a very fantastical way. There will be adventure, intrigue, romance, everything. :)

6 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the tag! I have another tag, too, but no problem doing double duty with it. I will post it Wednesday.

    I'm always amazed how visual you are--have the exact actors and all in mind. I also love the idea that your superhero story is growing up. I think that's a great way to go with it (or it sounds like it, anyway)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a very cool post, can I steal it? I loved your answers btw. My knowledge of young actors is very limited so I have no idea how I'd cast my story. That said, I would watch Jennifer Lawrence do just about anything ::drool. *love* her :-)

    Can't wait to read your WiP. It sounds like my kind of story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, consider yourself tagged!! I had to look young actors up, especially an armenian actor. not easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol..I didn't even know where Armenia was until last week.

    I'll get thinking on this all week and post my answers over the weekend. Thanks for tagging me ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. I'll keep an eye out for that blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally got around to posting my answers, and I got one of my friends to fill it out too! :)

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews