Friday, April 13, 2012

Rock the Drop

Yesterday was Rock the Drop through ReaderGirlz and Figment. ReaderGirlz started Rock the Drop to honor Support Teen Literature Day.

What's Support Teen Literature Day you ask?  It's when librarians all across the country host events in their library or through their web site to raise awareness among the general public that young adult literature is a vibrant, growing genre with much to offer today's teens. Support Teen Literature Day also seeks to showcase some award-winning authors and books in the genre as well as highlight librarians' expertise in connecting teens with books and other reading materials.

So yesterday I Rocked the Drop.

I dropped my book at my local Safeway store:










And I dropped John Green's The Fault in Our Stars at my local Starbucks:










The Safeway is located near a middle school, the Starbucks near a high school. I hope they found good homes.

Consider Rocking the Drop or doing something else to honor Support Teen Literature Day next year.

For more info, visit the wiki site.

Now for the Friday Scribbles:

Random Pandora Song from the Young the Giant Channel: Yellow by Coldplay

Book of the Week: Inside Out and Back Again by Thanhha Lai. My first book in verse. It's about a girls move (true story) from wartime Vietnam to America. I'm really liking it.

Redbox of the Week: 50/50 with Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Seth Rogen. Nothing short of awesome.

Quote of the Week: "The non reading children are the greatest problem in American education." ~ Glenn Doman




3 comments:

  1. That's pretty awesome. I wish I'd known about Rock the Drop ahead of time. I'll try to do it next year or when the next event happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I meant to blog about it yesterday, but I had two school visits, and my birthday was the night before, so a nap was in order. so I was a little behind. Next year I'll try and blog ahead of time. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, when it comes to publicity ideas consider the following:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=316AzLYfAzw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

    I immediately thought of all your great ideas when I saw it because it requires passersby to press a button..

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews