Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pirates, Arg!!!

So, I have my book title on Google Alerts, and a couple weeks ago, it came up on this weird download site. It looked suspicious, so I sent it to my publicist at HMH. Turns out, it was a pirated version of my book available for download!!!! For free!!!!

I mean, not cool. My book is only $7.99. Cheaper for ebook. And I'm a poor starving artist!!! lol.

On the other hand, I was almost flattered that someone took MY book and felt it worthy enough to pirate it and give it away for free. haha. I mean, I'm a nobody and my book is just a little quiet thing still trying to make its way out in to the great big world.

4 comments:

  1. I think it's a compliment. I mean SURE you want to get it taken down--practice your due diligence, But if Neil Gaiman thinks it's good, I think it's good. Because the more read you are, the more buzz there will be and the more people will want to read more of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaargh! Them scurvy pirates be ruinin' the industry! Make 'em walk the plank, Ye-argh!

    O-kay, enough pirate talk from me! I like your reaction to this: NOT COOL ... I'm flattered and all, but... NOT COOL!!!!

    Take it as a sign that you've made it to the 'big leagues'... then have your reps hunt down those pillagin' pirates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, I know right? Bad pirates, but thank you for thinking of me. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, being pirated means you have arrived.

    I was very upset until I finally got pirated.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews