Monday, January 9, 2012

Sleep! Why hath you forsaken me?

I go through these bouts of sleeplessness, which isn't good for me because I always have too much to do. Plus, I'm trying to exercise consistently because we have a biggest lose contest going on at work, and I'd like to drop a few pounds before my release (which is 8 days away. gasp!).

I've been up since 2:30 this morning. Believe me, I laid there and tried to go back to sleep, but my mind, it wanders. I thought about all the things I have to do before my release. I thought about my manuscript and changes I'd still like to make before submitting to my agent. I thought about getting my house spotless before my out of town guests arrive.

Needless to say, I didn't fall back to sleep. So I got up, did pilates, vacuumed, showered, and now here I am blogging with still three hours before I have to leave for work. I suppose I can be even more productive this morning, but I'd rather be sleeping.

What do you do to help you sleep?

5 comments:

  1. Ugh, I think we all have those bouts of sleeplessness. Kudos to you for making it productive time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, haha. Sounds like a it was an epidemic last night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to read something educational that normally would bore me to tears. Like an oven manual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely feel ya on this one. I’ve dealt with insomnia for years, though I usually find that working out helps a ton by completely eliminating all my stores of energy. Have you tried a sauna? I usually follow up cardio with half an hour in the sauna, then a shower—makes me sleep like a baby.

    Otherwise, I try to focus on my breathing, timing my breath OUT to be as long as possible. Usually this forces all other thoughts out of my head and I eventually wake up thinking “Oh, wow, that must have worked.” Hope you get some sleep! AND drop some poundage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I have been working out. My problem is that I fall asleep fine then wake up at like 3 am and can't get back to sleep. We'll see if the more I work out, the more I can sleep.

    If not I'll read a boring book like Heather suggested. :)

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews