Monday, January 16, 2012

Monkey Madness Monday: One More Day

Tomorrow is the day and I'm pretty sure I'm still in a state of freaking out.

I couldn't fall asleep last night as I ran through my head the people that need to be thanked and what I'm going to say at the release party tomorrow.

What am I going to wear?

It snowed, will I be able to get out to get any last minute things done? I have books to pick up. And cookies.

Will people not show up because of the snow? If not, I guess I have 150 cookies to eat myself.

And then there's another party and out of town guests. And I have to clean my house. I have to get my kids to clean their rooms, I have to clean out my car (which I should really make the kids do since most that garbage and crap is theirs).

No, I'm not pretty sure I'm freaking out, I KNOW I'm freaking out. But, no matter what happens - I've nothing to wear, no one shows up, my house doesn't get spotless, it is what it is. Some things are just out of our control. I'm fallible, maybe I'll forget someone. Maybe I'll drop the cookies on my way into the library. Maybe I'll forget my camera, or my talk in 3 x 5 cards.

Maybe I'll forget to breathe. Thank god our breath doesn't forget us and forces it's way out when we've held it too long.

*takes deep breath*

3 comments:

  1. Someone once told me: If you didn't get nervous about something, it isn't important to you.

    It may not feel like it today, but it's a good thing you're freaking out. It means you're not taking things for granted.

    Good luck! You'll be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter what, your day will be fabulous, Megan, because you are!

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews