Friday, January 20, 2012

F³A: Visitors and party!!

Release party number two takes place tomorrow, and my friends Gae and Annmarie are flying in from NY to celebrate with me!!!!

I'm cool and collected for this one. This one is a private party for close friends and family. We'll be eating, drinking, I'm going to play a couple videos. I did a montage of all my Chronicles that shows my journey from beginning to end.

And cookies. Lots of cookies.

This is where I'm doing my raffle to benefit Mary Bridge Children's hospital. I've got donations form me, of course, from my dad's law firm, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, T-Town Apparel, and my family's wine shop, Vino Aquino. I'm going to let my guests drink a little bit first so they spend lots of money. Don't tell them I said that.

I'll do a reading from the book, then sell and sign books. It's going to be fun and relaxed, and a party I'm not going to freak out about.

I'm going to wear a shiny silver shirt. :)

Mostly, I'm excited for Gae and Annmarie to get here. They should be on their plane as we speak, getting ready for take-off.

I almost forgot the Friday Scribbles!!!

I just realized I have no idea where my iPod is, so I'll just have to go with my iTunes for my random song.

Oooh, the random song is very apropos because I wanted to use some of the lyrics on my novel. Sometime Around Midnight by The Airborne Toxic Event (I really wish Blogger would still let us use youtube videos on here without having to do code)


Book of the Week: I am reading a friends YA manuscript tentatively titled The Mark, and I'm liking it a lot. Hopefully this will be the one to get her published.

Netflix of the Week: Gray's Anatomy Season 5. OMG!!!

Quote of the Week: "If it were not for guests all houses would be graves." ~Kahlil Gibran

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews