Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cinder Release Party


Last night was Marissa Meyer's release party for her sci-fi twisted retelling of Cinderella, Cinder. If you've not heard of it, um, you may want to come out from under your rock. Marissa is from MY home town which makes her extra cool to me. She's also an Apocalypsie, so I got to meet her prior to her release (there are about six Apocalypsies in this area alone which is very cool and we try to meet once a month).

She had a grassroots campaign for the ladies to sport red heels (or other red shoes, I wore wedges, my friend Kristin wore red tennis shoes). Many came out to support her and her book, including my publicist (which was awesome) J Anderson Coats (The Wicked and the Just, April 2012, Harcourt Children's Books), Jennifer Wolf (Breaking Beautiful, April 2012, Walker Books for Young Readers), and Danny Marks (Velveteen, Fall 2012, Delacorte).

Marissa's Publicist from NY came all the way for the party!!

Marissa talked a little about her journey (she gave my release party a shout out which was SO sweet of her), had a friend do a reading from the book, then did a signing (the line was soooo long Danny went through three pieces of cake, I had to take off my death shoes, and we were all delirious by the time we reached the head of the line, but it was well worth the wait).

And, um, they gave away wicked swag.

And today? Marissa is on a nationwide tour to promote her book!!!! Here are the dates. If you're in these areas you should check it out.

January 4: Cincinnati, OH
Joseph-Beth Booksellers
7:00 p.m.

January 6: Chapel Hill, NC
Flyleaf Books
7:00 p.m.

January 8: Lynnwood, WA
Barnes & Noble
2:00 p.m.

January 9: Twitter and Facebook!!
Virtual Cinder Launch Party, being hosted with Figment Fiction
More info to come.

January 11: Salt Lake City, UT
The King's English Bookshop
7:00 p.m.

January 12: Provo, UT
Provo City Library
7:00 p.m.

January 23: Naperville, IL
Anderson's Bookshop
7:00 p.m.
Note: Megan Miranda, author of FRACTURE, will also be at this event!

January 24: Petaluma, CA
Copperfield's Books
3:00 p.m.

January 26: San Francisco, cA
Books Inc. “Not Your Mother’s Book Club” at Opera Plaza
7:00 p.m.
Note: Megan Miranda (FRACTURE) and Daisy Whitney (THE RIVALS) will also be at this event!

January 27: Portland, OR
Powell's Books
7:00 p.m.
Note: Megan Miranda, author of FRACTURE, will also be at this event!

February 10-14: Vancouver and Victoria, BC, Canada
Details TBD

February 25: Long Beach, CA
Passion and Prose Convention
http://www.passionandprose.org/


April 14: Houston, TX
TeenBookCon
http://www.teenbookcon.org
(Other Texas events TBD)

I want to congratulate Marissa who's awesome and sweet and adorable. If you missed her release party and would like to meet her, you may catch a glimpse of her at my party January 17 at the Tacoma Library Wheelock branch.

6 comments:

  1. This book is at the top of my TBR pile. A friend bought me a copy and its on its way. Such great hype around it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Cinder, which was a huge surprise to me. Although I love a good Fairy Tale Retelling, I'm not that into androids and cyborgs... That said, Cinder was AMAZING! Can't wait for the next Lunar book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds excellent! I really want to read it. Unfortunately I can't make any of the events, but I'll be at the virtual Facebook launch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read it either. And it always helps when the author is a sweet adorable thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read this NOW!!!!! Congrats Marissa!!!!

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews